Primary 1 & Primary 2
- Identify Elements of Art such as colour, line, dot and shape.
- Identify Principles of Design such as pattern and scale.
- Observe from what they see around them.
- Talk about what they see and experience in Art lessons.
- Recognize and use basic shapes in art making.
- Use selected art materials such as colour pencils and oil pastels.
- Art forms: Focusing on 2-dimensional art and digital art
Primary 3 & Primary 4
- Identify and differentiate Elements of Art such as colour, space, texture, line, dot and shape.
- Identify and differentiate Principles of Design such as variety,scale, pattern and rhythm in artworks.
- Observe and organise ideas from what they see in their environment.
- Share ideas about art and demonstrate appreciation and respect for others' opinions.
- Articulate reasons for preferences in personal artwork using basic art vocabulary.
- Art forms: 2DC drawing, painting, collage, assemblage, digital art.
Primary 5 & Primary 6
- Identify and differentiate Elements of Art such as colour, texture, shape, tone, line, form and space.
- Identify and differentiate Principles of Design such as pattern, contrast, variety, harmony, dominance, variety and unity.
- Apply process, art materials and media during art making that are appropriate to intentions.
- Discuss the intentions of their own artworks and interpret those of peers.
- Identify and compare ideas in artworks and interpret intent, ideas and moods in original artworks.
- Justify personal preferences, using appropriate art terminology.
- Art forms: 3D, 2D, print making, digital media
To achieve the learning outcomes, our pedagogical approach equips every pupil with the knowledge, skills and values of art. Below is a list of our teaching approaches:
- Elements of Art
- Principles of Designs
- Art history and vocabulary
- Art techniques e.g. drawing and painting
- Visual enquiry and communication
Below are some of our key programmes for all levels:
P1 and P2
2-dimensional art and craft work
Art Appreciation: walking with Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh and animals in art
P3 and P4
2-dimensional art work
Art Appreciation: walking with Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, Still Life and portraits
P5 and P6
Mixed Medium, print making, visual textures and tones.
Art Appreciation: Andy Warhol (Pop Art), Gustav Klimt (tree of life), Jackson Pollock (Action painting)